Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Over it...

You know what? I’ve had enough. I’m absolutely and completely over trying to be accommodating of other people. I know that the general idea is that we’re supposed to strike a happy balance between looking out for the needs of others and looking out for numero uno. But to me, everyone seems to be a completely selfish being.

I’ve put up with all sorts of shit from other people; I’ve counselled relationships, I’ve fed egos, I’ve been the shoulder to cry on, I’ve sympathetically listened to utter crap for literally hours on end. What I want to know is – when the hell is it my turn??!!

Do I have to scream louder, be more obnoxious, or simply become hysterical? All I want (all most of us want) is someone to actually listen and give a toss on my behalf. I want someone to acknowledge my problem is important without putting it down to ‘that time of the month’. If I hear one more person say to me: ‘well I’m glad you’re over your bad mood now,’ I think I’m going to spiflicate someone.

So I seem to have two choices. I can either bottle my frustrations up until they explode all over me and everybody else, or I can become a self-righteous, self-obsessed twat and force everyone to deal with my crap. Some fucking choice.

No comments: