Thursday, November 24, 2005

No hot water for you!

I really shouldn't have got out of bed today. When I'm lying in bed at six thirty in the morning, I'm cosy. I'm warm. I'm all snuggly and drowsy. I've hit the snooze button for the sixth time.

The only thing that can entice me to get out of bed is a shower. Preferably a long hot shower.

So I get up this morning, wrap my dressing gown around my shoulders (Lord-of-the-rings-cloak-style: you've got to have some dignity in the morning) and head off to the shower, only to discover...

We have no hot water. Quelle nightmare!

So I have a cold shower. I douse myself with cold water for as long as I can stand it - which is about 1 minute. I can't wash my hair because I don't think I have the internal fortitude to stand under cold water for that long. So, the only solution for unwashed hair is to put it up. I have short hair, so putting it up is a delicate business. I probably spend about 10 minutes on my hair - a record for me. I head off to work, feeling kind of grubby and cursing my gas hot water service. I get to school, my paranoia sets in and I'm sure people will think I smell or something. But no! I'm greeted with...

"Hey! Your hair looks great today!"

Go figure.

No comments: